When I woke up this morning and looked outside my window... I thought to myself "you must be kidding me"! It's snowing again?! I am very much over it! I want spring! I want to be able to go outside with the kids, wearing just a light jacket, rain boots, and my gardening gloves! Yes, I have been dreaming about my garden lately. Should I start seeds? What should I do new in my garden this year? Here are some pictures from my garden so far:
And this year, the only vision I have so far is a small fairy garden by my pond. Looking for inspiration:
And I am back in my kitchen making breakfast. I love making meals that are fast, easy, and delicious. These crepes are my family's favorite - and here is how they come together:
1 cup of milk
1 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of melted butter
3 teaspoons of powdered sugar
The easiest way is just to toss
all of these ingredients into
a Magic Bullet or a blender
and mix them.
I put a little bit of butter on a frying pan, melt it over medium heat, and then slowly pour a small amount of mixture onto the pan. You can play with the amount of batter you pour - I make small crepes for the kids and bigger for the grown ups.
Feel free to make your morning colorful by adding fun things to your creation:
white chocolate chips
and here is the final product!
I top it with some pure Maple Syrup and whip cream I make from organic heavy whipping cream by placing it into Magic Bullet and mixing it till it becomes thick. I love to fresh fruit. here are two of my favorite combinations: the above pictured bananas; or raspberries (if you make the crepes with white chocolate chips). YUMMY!
I always enjoy reading the article in US Magazine that has the same title. So here I am trying to see if I can come up with 25 things that you don't know about me. Trust me, they won't be any big secrets... Wow, can I even come up with that many?
1. All you need is LOVE
2. I love quotes
3. I am an Etsy.com fanatic...
4. If I could I would cover my walls with family photos I took - every single inch of them!
5. I really want to write a children's picture book
6. I hope to adopt a child one day!!!
7. I love people.
8. Daisies are my favorite flowers
9. Tulips are next
10. I believe cooking makes you confident
11. When my mood drops, dancing with my kids will bring it up everytime!
12. I still can't get enough of The Beatles
13. I am not good at taking naps
14. I can't do Yoga - too many things on my mind
15. I would pay someone to help me with #14
16. I don't know how to simplify my life... just can't do it
17. I want to put a cook book together
18. I believe that genuinely kind words of advice can turn someone's life around
19. I love learning from my friends' stories - happy or sad
20. I want to live in Italy
21. But Colorado would do for now!
22. Smile is contagious
23. I always feel inspired after listening to a good song or watching a good movie
24. I saw Pride and Prejudice (2005) like 17 times and I will go watch it with you right now if you would ask me to
25. I had the perfect engagement
and I have to add #26... imagine that.
26. There is nothing more important in life than having a family!